Wednesday, July 13

REVIEW: THE NEW OLAY SKIN WHITENING BAR


Last weekend, I received a surprise package. After a tiring day at school, seeing it brought back my energy. Once I opened it, i immediately caught the scent of fresh roses. It was the brand new Olay Skin Whitening Bar!


I don't use whitening bars, until now. I wasn't blessed with fair skin. Well, I was but I got into swimming so here I am a part of the kayumanggi squad. I have always loved the color of my skin, that's why I never bothered buying any whitening products. But reading the details about Olay's new bar soap made me very curious if it really does work in the first wash.




The new whitening bar has a Triple Whitening System, it exfoliates your skin gently and washes away dead skin cells, reveals your natural white skin and evens your skin tone making it look clean and clear. It was formulated with key ingredients from the Olay Natural White all in one fairness day cream too. A fun fact, the rose extract used is made from 'Egyptian Rosa Canina' flower petals which is high in Vitamin C, therefore good for your skin's health.



PRICE: Php 34.00 (60g); Php 46.00 (90g)
WHERE TO BUY: Available in leading department stores, supermarkets and drugstores


Onto the part you're here for, my opinion on the product. 8/10 women believe that it whitens the skin from first use. After testing it on my hands, I can say that I am with 80% of  the women. I did notice a change, my hand had a kind of glow to it. I didn't get to take a picture of my hands before washing but here is the result:




It is said that you can see the effects after 15 minutes of applying the soap. 

I have been using the soap for more than a week now. I got maybe 2x more whiter than before. I love it's opulent scent filling my bathroom. It makes me feel very relaxed. It makes my skin feel fresh and smooth. I will definitely keep on using it and not just because of it's whitening powers.



Last Friday, I had a swimming class in school. It was a gloomy day, the sun wasn't out for even a bit so I decided not to put on sunblock. But after the 2-hour session, i got really noticeable tan lines (right where the arrow above is pointing at). The next day, I used the Olay soap. I didn't notice the tan lines where gone until the time I got home from school. So I immediately took a picture, hence the photo above.

Is this like magic or something? Haha. This is the part where the soap has really convinced me of it's capability. Answering your question whether it's effective or not, it is. It is truly the #OneWashWonder you have been looking for.



xoxo,